Remember that wedding I went to last weekend? I know, right? How could you forget?
The bride and groom are off on their “mini-moon” in northern Minnesota (crazy kids, those ones), the twin sister and her other half are back at their home in London, and it would appear as though things are back to normal.
But, just for the sake of posting funny pictures, I wanted to bring up the wedding again, so that I could post this picture.
I think this is my favorite picture of every one I’ve seen. It speaks volumes about everyone’s personalities. The bride, front and center, had to be coaxed to be there, preferring to be off to the side instead.
Me? Yeah. Well, my pose and location should come as no surprise.
This was taken during the morning prep time; a time of day when I am at my peak. I turn into a pumpkin a la Cinderella around 8 pm. Sometimes I can make it to 10, if it is a special occasion.
Clearly, it was a special occasion. (I made it to 11 pm, holla!!)
Speaking of special occasions, I won!!
LazyCoffees (best blog name ever!) gave me this award, and while I don’t usually do these things, I am going to now. Even though there are rules and I hate rules on principle. Because why not?
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows :
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
Thank you Lazy Coffees! <- Click for link. (See? I can follow rules.)
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
The questions for me were:
1. Favorite book? This is too hard; how about my top three? In no order: Crime and Punishment (Dostoyevski), The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Milan Kundera), and Farrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury).
2. Favorite Movie? Another hard one! I have to go high brow on this one – Anchorman.
3. Favorite TV Show? Currently, The Big Bang Theory, but this changes very frequently.
4. Do you go to concerts, either classical or other? I used to go to concerts and shows every weekend night, but I’m old and boring now. I should though. I’m going to see Bill McKibbon talk tonight. Does that count?
5. What things get under your skin and stir you up? Lots of things, and if you’ve read my blog for more than a week, you probably can answer this question yourself.
6. What time do you go to bed / get out of bed? Lights out at 11 pm, up at 6 am. Weekends, that might change to midnight -7 am though. Because I’m such a partier.
9. Do you watch TV in bed? Nope, never.
10. Do you like wearing hats – what sort? Define “like”. I wear hats all winter to stay warm and all summer to keep the sun off my face (and also because then I don’t have to wash my hair as often.)
11. When you sing in the shower, what song do you sing? Wow, you know what? I don’t. I’m a boring showerer!
11 random facts about me:
1. I’m the second oldest of five kids.
2. I eat chocolate in some form every day.
3. I live two blocks from Lake Superior.
4. I make my bed every morning. (Thanks mom.)
5. I hate being cold, but I love cross country skiing.
6. I wish I could make a career out of reading books.
7. I could wear a hooded sweatshirt and jeans everyday for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy.
8. I start every day with coffee.
9. I love to travel, but haven’t done it nearly enough lately.
10. In high school, I was a skateboarding punk rocker.
11. My first car was a bright yellow Geo Storm. I loved that little car.
Now I’m supposed to tag 11 people and ask them questions, but remember how I said I hate rules? I’m ignoring that one.
Feel free to tell me a random thing about yourself or answer one of the questions above or tell me a joke or don’t do anything. No pressure.