Now that we (we, as in “someone else far more qualified than I”) have concluded that sugar is evil and is terrible for us, what do we (we, as in “those of us who love sweets but also love being healthy and not dying”) do?
The way I see it, us sweet loving folk have two options* as outlined in Dr. Robert Lustig’s book.
1. We can just keep on keeping on; eating sugar in everything and suffer the consequences (i.e. eventually die of diabetes-caused medical problems)
2. We can stop eating sugar and live a long and happy life.
But….but….what if we love sweets? What if we love cookies? What if we must eat dessert every day?
Well, I’m sure Dr. Lustig would have a thing or two to say about how that is due to addiction, and yes, I agree. But I also say, all things in moderation. Including moderation.
I love sweets. I have a blog with cookies in the title, so this should come as no surprise. I also avoid sugar like I avoid working on weekends. Which is to say, I really try hard to not eat it. Given that it is in everything, my solution in the last several years has been to make my own sweets.
When I first started baking, I used some of the artificial sweeteners that may or may not be bad for us in the long term. (The science is mixed on this.) But, in an effort to use fewer chemicals, I learned about stevia.
A naturally sugar-free sweetener?!?! Sign me up!
Throughout the many years since, I’ve used many brands of stevia, and without a doubt, NuNaturals is my hands-down favorite. I use it in everything – to sweeten my smoothies and juices, in my baked goods, in sauces and dips, I’ve even used it in some of the sweet nut butter flavors I’ve made.
And now, you can too!
And by “you”, I mean “FOUR of you!!”
Here are the details:
- FOUR of you will get ( 1 ) one bottle of each of the Lemon / Orange / Peppermint/Chocolate Flavored Stevia Liquids
- Anyone, ANYWHERE can win! WORLDWIDE!! (But no P O boxes)
- For one entry: read my review of Fat Chance and leave me a comment here telling me you did, and what you thought of it.**
- For a second entry, leave a SEPARATE comment answering the question below.
- For a third entry, “LIKE” the NuNaturals Facebook Page, and leave a SEPARATE comment, saying that you did. (Honor system, kids.)
- I’ll pick the four winners Monday, April 26th.
If you are impatient and you don’t want to wait, you can receive DISCOUNTS on all orders placed at www.nunaturals.com; enter the code BLG0613 and you can get 15% off on your order. EFFECTIVE UNTIL JUNE 30, 2013 . You’ll also get free shipping to anywhere in the continental US on all orders exceeding $35.00 after discounts.
*Note that these are not explicitly stated in the book. I’m paraphrasing. Poorly, probably, so you should go read it yourself.
**Note that I make NO MONEY on this blog. If you click and read that review, I am not getting anything out of it. I just really really want you to read it and I’m trying to spread the good word. So, if you like it, share the review also. Thanks!
Do you eat sugar free candy and drink diet soda? I do. I mean, I’m no saint, but I like to think I eat/drink less than most people. Maybe.